Thursday 1 April 2021

NaPoWriMo - Day 1

I'm back - I'm going to try to be anyway for National Poetry Writing Month where I will attempt to write a poem a day for the month of April. Heady and ambitious I know! But with COVID I desperately need distraction and a creativity outlet. I'm very rusty but anyway... here goes.

Today's poem is a poem inspired by the animated version of "Seductive Fantasy" by Sun Ra and his Arkestra. 

The Night Inside My Daydream

Daytime spirals into night
taking with it all the light
Elongated bodies lie
they follow starlight in the sky
I stretch my arms from dusk to dawn
Embracing dark's phenomenon
Reaching out I find a hold 
Tenuous and uncontrolled
Blindly wander through the mist
Til daylight's break, and sunlight's kiss
Those hapless fools who made it through
the foggy trance, like me....and you
We're left to dream - to find the source
The soul of this diurnal course

-Lisa


p.s. this is not an April Fool's joke ;)

3 comments:

Leon Stevens said...

One down. Twenty-nine to go.

Tryniti said...

I loved the flow and imagery of this poem. It reminds me of much of my own work, and that helped me connect to it. I'm very picky about what poetry I like. And I like yours. So thank you for sharing, and I look forward to reading more.
I am also participating in NaPoWriMo, so we are in this together ^_^

Lisa said...

Thank you... this challenge has re-ignited my love of writing. Let's do this!!!