Friday 16 April 2021

NaPoWriMo - Day 16

 Day 16 - relax with the rather silly form called Skeltonic, or tumbling, verse. In this form, there’s no specific number of syllables per line, but each line should be short, and should aim to have two or three stressed syllables. And the lines should rhyme.

Spring Fling Thing

I'm so sick of snow
one ought to know
I wish it would go
and let the grass grow
Missing the sun
it's the only one
who can get this melt done
a war that needs won
is no longer fun
run winter...run!
The warmth on my face
in that special place
where sunbeams I chase
and cloud forms I trace
o'er the sky they race
making patterns of lace
I look to the sky
watching birds fly high
catching my eye
making me sigh
as the ice thaws away
the sun opts to stay
chooses blue over gray
as night becomes day
...yay

-Lisa

1 comment: