Wednesday 21 April 2021

NaPoWriMo - Day 21

 Day 21 - write a poem that uses lines that have a repetitive set-up. I read some of the examples and stuttered and stammered through this. I know I could do better than this but I need to click "publish" every now and then without going all perfectionist... It's tough.. but here it is in it's inadequate (IMHO) glory...

I want to give you everything

If I offered you a chance would you question my intention?

If I offered you my thoughts would that get your attention?

If I offered you my hand would you grab and hold it tight?

If I offered you my dreams would they keep you up at night?

If I offered you escape would you deal with the digression?

If I offered you my truth what would buy you my confession?

If I offered you more time would you be prepared to share?

If I offered you my soul would I find you standing there?

If I offered you my heart, gave you everything you sought

I need to know that you'd be here without a second thought...

-Lisa


No comments: