Monday 19 April 2021

NaPoWriMo - Day 19

 Day 19 - write a humorous poetic rant. 

Done Like Dinner

Shopping for my groceries has given me great pause
the thin and sticky produce bags have proved to be one cause 

I cannot lick my fingertips to loosen up the seal
The sticky sanitizer makes it lose all its appeal

I'll have to forgo parsnips for my roasted veggie dinner
My lengthy healthy grocery list is quickly getting thinner

I've fastened on my facemask before I hit the store
my glasses fog up instantly before I reach the door

I ask for help a dozen times - my voice sounds very faint
the three-ply cover on my face muffles my complaint

Fed up I head towards the front, thinking I am done
The line up trails around the store - the checkouts number one

It took all day but finally my shopping chore's complete
I vow this is a process I don't wish to soon repeat

I'd rather that my grocery run not take up the full day
The next time I need cooking fare I'm doing click & pay

-Lisa

1 comment:

Leon Stevens said...

I dislike shopping too. Can't squeeze the produce no more...