Sunday 11 April 2021

NaPoWriMo - Day 11

 Day 11 - write a two-part poem, in the form of an exchange of letters. 

Dear Cat,

I would be forever grateful
if you ceased leaving hairballs on the carpet
The cleaning costs are piling up
Maybe consider the linoleum next time?

Also, would it be possible
for you to keep my favourite rug
free of fur
for at least a day after I vacuum?

I am more than a food machine
so a little gratitude
would go a long way

Finally, please take an extra second
to bury what you leave
in the litterbox - it smells

Regardless, I do love you 
and would never give you up

Your faithful servant,
Owner


Dear Servant,

Whatever..
Nope..
Thanks for the dry tasteless kibble..
I do that on purpose..
I know..

Aloofly,
Cat

1 comment:

Leon Stevens said...

So easy to stereotype those creatures.