Tuesday 11 April 2023

NaPo/GloWriMo - Day 9

 April 9, 2023 - write your own sonnet. Incorporate tradition as much or as little as you like – while keeping in general to the theme of “love.”

Spring's Cure

I venture out to meet the warming sun
And feel your arms surround my damaged form
As spring emerges winter's time is done
We feel the healing rays that come with morn
I'm thankful that you stay here by my side
and hold me in the times I need you most
When you're with me I have no urge to hide
You keep me safe from demons and from ghosts
Let us grow old together, damn the years
They'll creep onwards no matter what we do
We'll face the aging mirror without fears
You love me and I'll always love you too
I think you were mine from the very start
It didn't take much to capture my heart

No comments: