Thursday 13 April 2023

NaPo/GloWriMo - Day 13

 April 13, 2023 - try writing a short poem (or a few, if you’re inspired) that follows the beats of a classic joke. Emphasize the interplay between the form of the poem – such as the line breaks – and the punchline.

Creepy critters
Late at night
wolves howl
I hear
something 
in our campsite
this is just 
too 
intense
for me

Lost Ideas
I try to write
there are so many ideas
flowing
careening
erupting from my mind
but the pencil 
is broken
there is no point

Dealing
Aging is
inevitable
yet I hate it
the wrinkles
the sagging
the grey hair
I'd rather die

Elevated Uneasiness
the four storey house
was for sale
the price was right
the kitchen was amazing
but it just
didn't feel right
there were too many stairs
I think
they were up to something

9 comments:

Elizabeth Boquet said...

Much fun!

Donna M Day said...

I love the second and first ones in particular. :)

Arti said...

Wow! Loved them all. Congratulations:) So well deserved.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on being the featured participant! "Lost Ideas" and "Elevated Uneasiness" are my favorites. I like the way you think. :)

Susan said...

So very fun!

Anonymous said...

Those stairs ... always up to something, or always bringing me down.

Cris said...

These are awesome! Love them!

Lisa said...

Thanks so much for the kind words everyone! I truly appreciate them..

Peter said...

Hahahahahahaa whoop!