Wednesday 12 April 2023

NaPo/GloWriMo - Day 12

 April 12, 2023 - write a poem that addresses itself or some aspect of its self (i.e., “Dear Poem,” or “what are my quatrains up to?”; “Couplet, come with me . . .”)

Intention

You've lost your rhythm lately
like an unbalanced haiku
I refrain from reminding you
to use correct diction
tangling tropes into monster metaphors

Don't give me that blank verse look
        or use that tone with me
your ballads became epically pastoral 
constantly claiming consonance as alliteration

A symbolic valediction like an ode to expiration
I wait - you gently interrupted
            creating a soulful caesura

I confess
I cannot remain angry
as compassionate couplets close the quatrain

You still complete me
and I create a conclusive canon
that contains only you