Monday 17 April 2023

NaPo/GloWriMo - Day 17

 April 17, 2023 - write a poem that contains the name of a specific variety of edible plant – preferably one that grows in your area. (That said, if you’re lacking inspiration, online seed catalogs provide a treasure trove of unusual and charming names for vegetables, fruits and flowers. Here’s one to get you started.) In the poem, try to make a specific comparison between some aspect of the plant’s lifespan and your own – or the life of someone close to you. Also, include at least one repeating phrase.

Tasting Amaranth

I perform best
under a warm tropical sun
no snow or icy winds
to freeze my growth

Like Amaranth
I can be slightly bitter
through no fault of my own
(we both could use some softening up)

Extremely self sufficient, 
we thrive in the heat of summer
Though there are times,
unlike you, I am able to chase the shade

Cut part of me off 
I grow back twice as big,
with a vengeance

I guess that's why
I can be slightly bitter
through no fault of my own

No comments: