Friday 22 April 2022

NaPoWriMo 2022 - Day 21

 April 21, 2022 - write a poem in which you first recall someone you used to know closely but are no longer in touch with, then a job you used to have but no longer do, and then a piece of art that you saw once and that has stuck with you over time. Finally, close the poem with an unanswerable question.
* Off script again but I think this is more effective...

Would you?

I wonder
where you wandered to...

I miss our youthful impetuous days
of skinny dipping
then party hopping
up until all hours
and working the next day
    secret hungover smiles
then doing it all over again

I miss the carefree life we had
    before we had to grow up
    before summer ended
    before real life took hold

Would you go back?
Would you want to go back?
Could we ever go back
                    knowing what we know?

You knew all of me
absolutely nothing off limits
and now
            I know nothing of you...


No comments: